Thursday, May 3, 2012

May Block - Amy Smart

Whoa. May totally snuck up on me. Sorry for the delay getting this out. These little bundles will be in the mail asap!

Here is some inspiration for the quilt I'd like to make.


What size quilt block do you want your bee partners to make? (Give finished and unfinished measurements, just to be sure.)
  • I would like a 12" finished (12 1/2" unfinished block) It can be one large square within a square/logcabin/framed block, or it can be made up of multiple squares.
  • If you are feeling ambitious, and/or have enough fabric, you could make a second block measuring 6" finished (6.5 unfinished). But no pressure if life is busy.
Can your partners use any of his/her own stash fabric to use in your quilt block? If so, are there any limitations? 
  • Yes. Feel free to add from your own stash, if you like! But please keep the colors to bright, saturated reds, oranges, yellows, green or turquoise or Kona Snow.
Is there a specific color of thread (white/off white) you want your partners to sew with? 
  • Anything neutral is fine.
Does your partners have to use at least a little bit of every fabric you send or can your partners decide? 
  • Your decision. :)
Do you have a general theme or is it up to your partners to decide? Are there any specific themes that you do NOT want in your quilt block? Likes/dislikes?
  • I prefer square and straight, not wonky for this one.
If your partners are super motivated and are able to make two blocks out of the fabric you send, would you accept more than one block from your partners? 
  • Yes! I'll take any 12.5 or 6.5 (unfinished) blocks you want to send. ;)
Do you want your partners to return any leftover larger size scraps to you when they return the completed blocks or can they keep them for their own scrap stash? 
  • If there is something special you'd like to keep, please do, as a token to remember me by.  If you don't want to keep something, return the scraps with the block and I'll use them for additional blocks for the quilt.
YAY! I'm so excited to see what you all come up with and I promise already that I'll love every one. :)

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is going to be so much fun!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a lot of fun! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabric choices remind me of kool-aid. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Love the fabrics that came in the mail and your inspiration quilts are fab!

    ReplyDelete