Friday, October 3, 2014

An Appliqued Owl for Whoooooo?

This is my first block for the Bees Knees quilting bee.
 Melissa from Happy Quilting, sent me some really cute camping/outdoors fabric called "Smore Love" by Cosmo Cricket, and gave our quilting bee the freedom to make our block however we wanted to!
The quilt will be for her grandparents camper and will have a camping or outdoor theme.



Whooooooo????
Do you spy that owl fabric?
I love owls, and I immediately knew that I wanted to make an appliquéd owl :)
I drew my little owl....


...hand appliqued him, and added a patchwork border.
My block is an unfinished 12 l/2" square.


I wrote a more detailed post on how I made my little owl, on my blog, dream quilt create.
I can hardly wait to see all the blocks everyone makes for Melissa's grandparents quilt!!!


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!! It is so cute, I absolutely love it!!! Thank you so much Cynthia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Cynthia and it will look wonderful with the rest of the blocks. I can't wait to see how this quilt turns out.

    ReplyDelete