Sunday, May 1, 2016

Wanta Fanta

Hi Ladies!
May is my month! I love scrappy quilts, and look for opportunities to use up little bits of leftover pieces of fabric.  Hopefully, I can see a dent in my stash after making Wanta Fanta.  Thank you for your help.
*A little disclaimer:  (the block is paper pieced)  But don't panic!  It's a simple version of PP.  And remember, one of the good purposes of belonging to a Bee is that we stretch outside our comfort zones a little bit and learn new skills.  I don't want you to stress or worry about this particular block.  It's made out of my scraps, so if you make a mistake, or it doesn't turn out as well as you hoped, no biggie! If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me.

I am only having you make one of the X blocks.  It sits next to a Snowball block, but I will make those. I'm also mixing it up by making the background scrappy too, by using some of my low-volume/text type fabrics.



What size quilt block do you want your bee partners to make?
     Unfinished block = 6 1/2"X 6 1/2" *when sewing the 4 sections together at the end, please press the seams open.

Can your partners use any of their own stash fabric to use in your quilt block? If so, are there any limitations?
    I am sending you everything you need.
Is there a specific color of thread (white/off white) you want your partners to sew with?
    Please use either white, off white or gray thread
Do your partners have to use at least a little bit of every fabric you send or can your partners decide?
    Please use the pieces I sent you.
Can you link us to any flickr or Pinterest photos that you would like us to use as inspiration for your quilt block?
    The original pattern is from Janice Zeller Ryan of Better Off Thread.  I received her permission to share with you.  http://www.blossomheartquilts.com/2015/02/bee-hive-wanta-fanta/
 
Beeskneesfully yours,
Nedra
 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment